In addition to avoiding artificial food dyes, lets all be reminded on some of the Top 10 Food additive ingredients to avoid in our diets on a regular basis: Top 10 Worst Food Additives from "GET REAL" and STOP Dieting!: Forget the Fads, Get the Facts and Feel Fabulous by Brett Blumenthal.
- Artificial Colors
- Artificial Flavorings
- Artifical Sweetners - (Acesulfame-K, Aspartame, Equal®, NutraSweet®, Sacharin, Sweet’n Low®, Sucralose, Splenda® & Sorbitol)
- Benzoate Perservatives (BHT, BHA, TBHQ)
- Brominated Vegetable Oil (BVO)
- High Fructose Corn (HFCS)
- MSG (Monosodium Glutamate)
- Shortening, Hydrogenated and Partially Hydrogenated Oils (Palm, Soybean and others)
- Sodium Nitrite and Nitrate (Deli Meats!)
There is a way to have beautifully decorated and great tasting special treats that are not pumped full of harmful artificial dyes, preservatives and toxic chemicals!! Check out this Organic Food Coloring guide to try it yourself! And things dont have to be brightly colored to be tasty! There are so many wonderful and healthy muffins, cookies, bars and snacks avaliable to buy now or make them at home with your children! Be the change you want to see in your home and school. Try making your own banana chocolate chip muffins or almond butter and strawberry muffins mixed with veggies to bring to your child's next birthday party at school. If you live in Houston, TX, Green Plate Kids has natural snacks and desserts that are only made with natural ingredients you would make in your own home.
Happy and Healthy Eating Friends! Remember to read your labels and think twice before your or your child try that neon blue cupcake!